Wednesday, April 12, 2006

How Do I Subscribe to the RSS Feed of Your Angels Say?



What is a RSS Feed?


First of all, I just want to make it clear that I am not a technical boffin, so I am going to try and explain in a nutshell what a RSS feed is, what the benefits are and how you can set yourself up to receive RSS feeds, including the feed for my blog. I will also provide you with a good link so that you can read more about RSS feeds, should you be interested in the more technical bits.

RSS is a web feed based on a code called XML. It allows you to pull fresh information from an unlimited number of web sites to a single location, e.g. your My Yahoo or My MSN. The RSS feeds you subscribed to are delivered to for example your My Yahoo or My MSN. My Yahoo, My MSN and others are called "readers" or "aggregators".

You can sign up for multiple RSS feeds from your favourite web sites and when these sites add new content to their sites, the information is automatically delivered to your preferred reader - all in one place! This means that can read the latest information from your favourite sites with headline news of your favourite newspapers on a daily basis. This will save you heaps of time browsing the Internet. I use My Yahoo and My MSN as readers, but there many others to choose from.

Subscribing to Your Angels Say is easy!

Now that you more or less know what a RSS feed is, you can try it out by subscribing to the RSS feed of Your Angels Say!

Look for the orange icon in the right side bar and just click on it. This is a link that will allow you to subscribe to my blog feed through your preferred RSS reader. Another page will open where you can select the RSS reader of your choice, e.g. My Yahoo, Google Reader, etc.

If your reader is not listed, it is just as easy to open a free account with the listed readers. You will notice that many other web pages list multiple readers in the side bar, but I have chosen this simple one button layout - the same thing, but more tidy in appearance.

If you would like to know more about RSS feeds you can visit the following blog:
Derek Gehl, The Candid Internet Marketer: RSS: Not just for "techies" anymore!:


Enjoy the RSS feeds!

Victoria


Angel Picture Source &Credits:
Healing with the Angels Oracle Cards, Doreen Virtue, PhD (Copyright © by Doreen Virtue)
Published by Hay House, Inc, Carlsbad, California & Sydney Australia
Design: Jenny Richards